One of the oldest marketing ploys around is the old-fashioned press release. But, do they still work? The short answer is that if you have a newsworthy reason to issue a press release, then by all means you should do it. Press releases still have great value for many reasons. They still get results, although not always the types of result you might expect.
* Low Cost Â? Press releases are still relatively low-cost ways to get the word out about a new product, service, or event. This is true whether you do it yourself or hire a service to do it for you. If you are choosy about when you send a press release as well as to whom it is sent, the cost will be a lot less than other forms of advertising.
* Improves SEO Â? Today, one of the biggest benefits of a press release lies in the SEO value. Google Search still places a press release at high value in term of content. This is mostly because scammers don’t typically spend a lot of time, money and effort on producing press releases, so if your business does then you must be legitimate.
* Potential for Wider Exposure Â? Even when you target your press releases they can be picked up by others, and often are if they fit a news story someone wants to tell. Therefore, you have a large potential to reach so many more people than via normal advertising methods.
* Becomes Part of the Record Â? Press releases, especially delivered online, become part of the record and can be found long after the opening, product launch or other newsworthy event. In this way, someone who is looking can find a record of your business.
* Establishes Expertise Â? The record and combination of releases will help establish you and your business as experts in your niche. They help get your name or the name of your business associated with a professional business.
* Enhances Credibility Â? People who don’t take their business seriously don’t send press releases. So by sending them out you are establishing that you’re a serious contender and business entity, which will give you credibility with your audience.
* Improves Branding Â? Any way that you can regularly get the word out about what your business is doing, through blogs, articles, and press releases, will improve your brand’s image, especially if you make it part of your normal marketing efforts.
* Viral Potential Â? Every press release you send out has the potential of going viral if you send it to the right people at the right time. Be sure to not only send them out, but also to share the online version on your blog, website, and via social media accounts to help the process.
You should send out a press release any time you open a new business, add a new product or service, or have anything that is newsworthy to report about your business to the world. In addition, it’s imperative that you learn how to target where your press releases go so that they get in the hands of the right people.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.