YouTube Shorts is a short-form video platform that allows users to create and watch videos up to 60 seconds long. Shorts is becoming increasingly popular, and it’s a great way to reach a new audience and grow your YouTube channel.
If you’re interested in monetizing your YouTube Shorts channel, there are a few things you need to do:
1. Meet the eligibility requirements.
To be eligible for Shorts monetization, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have at least 1,000 subscribers
- Have either 10 million valid public Shorts views in the last 90 days or 4,000 valid public watch hours of long-form videos in the last 12 months
- Follow the YouTube Shorts monetization policies
2. Enable Shorts monetization.
Once you meet the eligibility requirements, you can enable Shorts monetization by following these steps:
- Go to your YouTube Studio
- Click on the “Monetization” tab
- Under the “Shorts” section, click on “Get started”
- Review and accept the Shorts Monetization Module terms
- Click on “Enable”
3. Choose your monetization methods.
There are a few different ways to monetize your YouTube Shorts channel:
- Shorts ad revenue sharing: YouTube pools all of the Shorts ad revenue on its platform and then distributes it to monetized Shorts creators based on their share of Shorts views.
- YouTube Premium subscription revenue sharing: YouTube Premium members can watch Shorts without ads and with other benefits. YouTube shares a portion of its YouTube Premium subscription revenue with monetized Shorts creators based on their share of subscription Shorts views within each country.
- Channel memberships: Channel memberships allow viewers to support your channel on a monthly basis in exchange for exclusive perks and benefits. You can offer channel memberships to viewers who watch your YouTube Shorts videos.
- Super Chat and Super Stickers: Super Chat and Super Stickers allow viewers to donate money to your channel during live streams and Shorts videos.
4. Promote your Shorts channel.
The more views your Shorts videos get, the more money you’re likely to make. So, it’s important to promote your Shorts channel on social media and other online platforms. You can also collaborate with other creators and participate in challenges to reach a wider audience.
5. Be patient.
It takes time to build a successful YouTube Shorts channel and start making money. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately. Just keep creating great content and promoting your channel, and you’ll eventually start to see results.
Here are some additional tips for monetizing your YouTube Shorts channel:
- Create Shorts that are likely to be monetized. Not all Shorts videos are created equal. Some Shorts videos are more likely to be monetized than others. Here are a few tips for creating Shorts videos that are likely to be monetized:
- Avoid using copyrighted music in your Shorts videos.
- Make sure your Shorts videos are original and high-quality.
- Use relevant hashtags and keywords in your video titles and descriptions.
- Use analytics to track your progress. YouTube Analytics can help you to track your Shorts views, watch time, and earnings. This information can help you to identify what types of Shorts videos are performing well and what types of Shorts videos are not performing well.
- Optimize your channel for monetization. Make sure your channel has a complete profile and that you’ve linked your AdSense account. You should also review the YouTube Shorts monetization policies to make sure that your channel is in compliance.
Monetizing your YouTube Shorts channel can be a great way to make money from your content. By following the tips in this article, you can increase your chances of success.