1. Contact the websites you are currently linked to to optimize the links. Ask them to change the “click here” to another anchor text containing relevant keywords since the anchor text encourages people to click the ad.
2. Monitor the websites 404 statistics. Keep track of the links that are old or misspelled URLs. Google has a great tool for tracking URLs and links.
3. Create a “link to us” link on your website. This provides information for others to link to your site including anchors, URLs, and logos. Keep this page updated with current information and additional links.
4. Use spell check and grammar checker to correct any errors. The users will notice when you have errors in your links, pages, and content.
5. Search the internet for other sites that mention your website but are not linked to your site. Contact them to have them link your site.
6. Post comments on blogs with a link to your site in your signature line. When you add comments that are relevant and informational you will build traffic.
7. Make sure your navigation is spiderable by the search engines. Use anchor text or image text to increase the search engine results.
8. Use a sitemap on your website. Link all the pages on each page with the sitemap for a user friendly site.
9. Link your site to relevant topics on other websites. Link to the important pages on the site.
10. Link to sites with high search engine rankings. They will drive traffic to your site.
11. Check on the sites your competitors are using. Get the same links to add to your site.
12. Post comments from clients that are positive to add the trust and interest of future clients.
13. Create a free eBook containing your expertise or niche. Offer the eBook as a gift for people viewing your site who provide their personal contact information.
14. Teach an online seminar regarding your expertise. You should be considered an expert in your field and will attract people to the webinar. Post announcements of the seminar.
15. Use Google AdWord’s content to build your network with other sites with relevant products and content.
16. Join an affiliate program that promotes and sells the same type of product. Add links to your website.
17. Add a “donate to charity” link to your site. Describe the charity and how you donate the proceeds received. Pick a charity that people are willing to donate.
18. Submit your URL to social media sites to promote your products and services. Make sure the sites have quality services and products offered on their sites.
When you utilize these strategies to your website you will begin to see profits from the increased traffic.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.